DESCRIPTION: We provide the data necessary to design, build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We accomplish this by building state-of-the art software, and analyzing data to uncover patterns for quick decision making.
We design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations. We build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a technical product manager, you’ll work side-by-side with astronauts, rocket scientists and software engineers to build a new generation of business systems. You’ll evaluate commercial systems where appropriate and help design custom systems where necessary. You’ll evangelize our products to the business and serve as the primary point-of-contact when users desire new features. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, so you should be prepared and willing to get your head deep into both analytical and engineering problems. The role of technical product manager will be extremely challenging but also rewarding as you will have the opportunity to be highly impactful and influence change across the organization.
- Own the roadmap for multiple systems and work with end users to advocate on behalf of their needs
- Responsible for the business success including defining and executing a roadmap of features and functionality
- Hands-on evaluation, implementation and management of commercial software purchases and deployment in a small-medium business environment
- Communicate roadmap and plans to management and broader company
- Work with multiple teams across the organization to define and implement new business processes around engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, accounting and human resources
- Work with customers to design user experiences including delivering prototypes and mockups to the development team
- Perform analytics on data to drive business decisions and iteration on our products
- Anticipate business needs and be in front of them with proposals and system solutions
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses.
- Experience working with software engineering teams in a hands-on capacity
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated history of becoming an expert in an unfamiliar domain
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien