DESCRIPTION: We provide the data necessary to design, build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We accomplish this by building state-of-the art software, and analyzing data to uncover patterns for quick decision making.
We design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations. We build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a software engineering lead, you’ll build and architect systems from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for technical delivery and product enhancement within your domain. We value leading by example and leaders who are pragmatic, driven and motivated to elevate the organization to the next level.
As a software engineering lead, you can expect to build software in the following areas:
- Highly complex databases utilizing MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra and InfluxDB
- Systems that integrate with physical hardware using C++
- Highly scalable systems built on top of Java and Amazon Web Services
- Design, code, test and deploy features within new and existing software
- Integrate custom software with off-the-shelf systems using REST APIs, queues, and monitoring
- Lead the entire lifecycle of software engineering efforts for various products, including architecting, design, build and deployment
- Drive architectural level decisions for systems within your domain
- Review and approve coding and design decisions made by other engineers
- Work with technical product managers and software engineering managers to translate business vision and requirements into scalable systems
- Collaborate with other software engineering leads to define consistent technical and coding standards
- Think outside the box. Challenge why things were done a certain way and figure out how to do it better.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role in a software engineering organization
- Strong experience in Java and the surrounding ecosystem
- Experience with modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
- Experience designing both relational and non-relational databases
- A demonstrated ability to architect, design and develop complex end-to-end software
- The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
- A self-driven nature with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
- Experience delivering software in an organization with complex products or mission critical operations
- A passion for mentoring junior engineers and raising the bar for the entire team
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien