DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly-skilled team building launch vehicles, space craft and launch facility systems, you’ll manage contractors performing new construction, upgrades, repairs and additions to Blue Origin facilities at our West Texas Launch Site. You’ll develop project scope and budget, define schedule and hours to minimize disruptions, seek bids, select suppliers, negotiate and initiate purchase orders and then track the execution of the work. Additional work activities may include working with regulatory agencies and applying for permits. You’ll be the focal to assure contractor performance meets our expectations regarding safety, quality, schedule, communication and cost. This is a hands-on position that requires strong leadership, communication, technical and project management skills.
- Develop project scope and budget, define schedule, solicit bids, select supplier, negotiate and initiate the contract, and then oversee the execution of the work
- Negotiate off hours work to minimize disruption of business operations
- Work with state and local government officials to meet applicable regulations, apply for permits, as well as coordinating internally for disruptive activities
- Assure contractor performance meets our expectations regarding safety, quality, schedule, communication and cost.
- Schedule management experience on large scale projects
- Ability to operate as the general contractor or manage general contractors and their suppliers/trades on larger projects
- Supplier negotiation experience
- Project estimating (cost and schedule) experience
- Budget management
- Permitting processes – building, environmental, waste streams
- Strong knowledge and understanding of building codes (IBC), NFPA, Energy Codes, environmental and OSHA workplace requirements
- Industrial project experience such as industrial and office HVAC, heavy equipment, specialized equipment installations, cranes and safety critical process and building systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work off shifts to support project schedules as needed
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Facility layout and production layout experience
- LEED/environmentally friendly building practices
- Prior experience/exposure to aerospace or bio medical facilities
- Understanding of industrial utilities
- B.S. degree in Construction Engineering/Management, Project Management or a similar field.