DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will define, integrate, verify, and support the software for mission- and safety-critical spaceflight systems. You'll apply existing code and frameworks to new use cases and develop new code as needed to meet critical company milestones. This extremely hands-on position requires a diverse set of skills including project management, requirements definition, architecture, design, development, configuration, verification, documentation, and operational support. You'll have to both see the big picture of the project and dive deep into doing it. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Define and develop software requirements, architecture, and designs
- Write code to implement designs in C/C++
- Plan, implement, and perform component and integration testing, assuring quality to safety-critical standards
- Produce and manage software schedules that integrate with other hardware, software, and program schedules
- Think creatively to find the simplest solutions to problems, even if that means no software is needed at all
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, controls engineers, and systems engineers to produce seamlessly integrated systems
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience, preferably in C/C++
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft systems development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience or training in formal systems engineering, including requirements modeling, analysis, and verification
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
- Experience with real-time and/or safety-critical software development
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos
- Experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking, SysML, GHS MULTI
- Experience working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, JTAG, etc
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.