DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help shape company strategy from a legal perspective on the most effective approach to provide launch services and engines to both commercial and government customers. You will provide legal advice in a variety of other areas as well but must be prepared to provide legal leadership within the areas of business development and customer contracts administration. As a pioneer in providing launch services utilizing reusable space launch vehicles, you’ll specialize in negotiating directly with a wide range of potential and current customers to tailor their needs with Blue Origin offerings in creative ways designed to deliver exceptional service under appropriate terms. Opportunities could include legal guidance and negotiation support for Space Act Agreements, OTAs, Commercial item Contracting, FAR Part 15, alternative federal R&D funding agreements, a payload launch services, and engine sales.
- Provide legal advice on day-to-day issues of spaceflight development for a broad range of internal clients, including business development personnel, working engineers, and procurement professionals
- Serve as the company’s primary legal support in determining the appropriate structure and form for business development efforts
- Assist with contract negotiations and proposal review
- Train company personnel on legal and regulatory compliance
- Juris Doctor degree
- 4+ years’ experience in a major law firm or corporate legal department
- Experience directly with or representing clients providing Commercial Items to the Federal Government
- Federal Government contracting, both traditional FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) Parts 12 and 15, Commercial Item regulations, and OTA (Other Transactions Authority)
- Excellent analytical skills and English-language communication skills, both written and spoken
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- 8+ years legal experience, including the aerospace industry
- Experience with both traditional government contracts and non-traditional federal government agreements
- Experience leading a US Government bid protest
- Experience transitioning companies into federal government contracting
- Experience with satellite payload contracting
- Academic degree and/or work experience in engineering, physics, or other ‘hard sciences’ technical field
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.