DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and execute commercial quality processes for the design, test and manufacture of launch vehicles, spacecraft, and related technologies. You will be responsible to drive quality products throughout the organization by maintaining a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can implement innovative quality initiatives that will support development and low-rate engine production. You will report to the Blue Origin Director of Safety and Mission Assurance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Establish and implement and maintain quality system processes that support products in development and production environments
- Develop and implement quality inspection process for large rocket engine production
- Measure, analyze, and improve quality system performance consistent with organization quality goals
- Integrate quality system applications between engineering, manufacturing, and operations to ensure the consistent and ongoing use of quality best practices and communication of quality issues
- Facilitate troubleshooting of quality issues with diverse teams, lead causal analysis activities to drive to root cause and corrective action
- Perform periodic audits of the application of our quality system
- Participate in engineering design reviews and make recommendations to enhance the quality and manufacturability of new designs
- Recommend initiatives and/or changes that will improve product and system quality
- Provide quality assurance subject matter expertise to receiving and inspection, manufacturing and test
- Participate in engine acceptance processes; ensure adherence to and health of acceptance processes
- Work with suppliers to ensure delivery of high quality parts to Blue Origin. Evaluate supplier quality systems.
- Maintain working knowledge of NDE and receiving inspection methodologies
- Monitor the metrology program to ensure precision and accuracy of production, measurement, and testing equipment
- Interface with external customers on quality related concerns
- Develop and present training materials to build quality awareness
- Minimum of a B.S. in engineering or science
- 10+ years’ industry experience in the engineering field with at least 8 years in a quality engineer role
- Quality assurance experience in production environment
- Aerospace, space launch, or military or commercial aviation preferred
- Knowledge of design for inspection or testability
- Knowledge of NDE and receiving inspection methodologies
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Quality assurance experience in rocket engine production environment
- Relevant experience in transitioning a product from development, through production to operations
- Relevant experience in AS9145, Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process
- Quality Management System audit experience
- Quality performance measurement analysis capabilities
- American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer certification
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.