DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for ensuring consistent electronic CAD part management across projects and computing systems. This role will include developing and maintaining our Electronic Design Automation (EDA) component database and printed circuit board design library. Daily tasks will include providing Design Engineering team support and systems administration assistance with vendor supplied EDA software tools. You will be working to maintain configuration management and verification of design and component libraries, as well as system setup and toolchain support. This role includes ownership of the full lifecycle from development through maintenance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Maintain and develop our ECAD toolchain and design release processes.
- Collate symbol, footprint, and 3D CAD Information for all electronic components using OrCAD Capture CIS and Allegro PCB Designer.
- Manage piece part releases in company-wide PLM system.
- Release verification and configuration management for PCB assemblies.
- Document board assembly and fabrication requirements for external design and fabrication suppliers.
- Track board errata and internal change notifications for released PCB assemblies and piece part components.
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or an appropriate engineering field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with printed circuit board schematic and layout design, board assembly, and testing.
- Experience with Windchill, Cadence OrCAD and Allegro TCL, and Python.
- Experience with 3D CAD tools (Creo, Solidworks or similar).
- Experience with PLM Tools and part databases (CIP-E or similar).
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of IPC, JEDEC, IEEE, and other electronic standards.
- Ability to read and understand supplier datasheets.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Demonstrated experience in designing hardware, including piece part component selection and evaluation for safety critical applications.
- Familiarity with Subversion, Git or similar revision control tools.
- Familiarity with DO-254 and NASA design requirements for space flight electronics.
- Windows server-side systems administration experience, including database management, scripting, and task automation skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience at all phases of the product lifecycle, with a strong process-oriented mindset.
- Experience with high speed, high density, and multilayer printed circuit board designs.
- Experience with CCA and PCB production processes.
- Knowledge of common systems engineering practices, integration processes, and quality control.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.