DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will write high-performance code for innovative real-time embedded systems. Together, our team develops the on-board and ground software that monitors and controls fully autonomous spacecraft. This hands-on position requires a commitment to quality and attention to detail commensurate with safe human spaceflight and provides an opportunity to directly impact the history of human space exploration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Create real-time embedded software to support control and diagnostics of human-capable spacecraft
- Define and develop low-level requirements and software designs
- Write code to implement designs in C/C++
- Perform unit and integration testing and assure quality to safety-critical standards
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop requirements for, and plan hardware and software architectures supporting advanced spaceflight systems
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft systems development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
- Experience with real-time and/or safety-critical software development
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos
- Experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.