DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design, develop, and test launch vehicle airframe structures for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects that involves design, analysis, assembly, test and flight operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, analysis, development and test of primary and secondary composite structures
- Support configuration development and trade studies
- Develop system requirements, perform flow down, and verification
- Create interface definition and control documents
- Create drawings, specifications and other documentation
- Oversee fabrication and assembly services; procure components and materials; manage vendor/subcontractor performance
- Plan and conduct tests, and review data
- Provide technical guidance for integration
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Coach, mentor and technically assist other engineers
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering and 5 years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle structures
- Experience on recently developed aircraft or launch vehicles in one or more of the following areas:
- Vehicle load path distribution, and first order strength assessment and sizing;
- Skin-stringer and sandwich panel fuselage design;
- Material selection, compatibility and manufacturing techniques.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using Catia V5 and Catia Composite software module.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance analysis (ASME Y14.5)
- Expert in composite design and analysis matters
- Familiar with ASME Y14.100 and Y14.41
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Demonstrated expertise with any industry standard analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Optistruct, LS/Dyna
- Experience using PTC Creo and Windchill
- Experience with rapid development techniques for hardware
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication and integration processes, and quality control
- Experience with Optimization and DOE methods as applied to design, analysis, and testing
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
so clone a job description from any job in Newton. To do this, visit any job and click the Info button immediately to the left of the job title.