We, as Texas Propulsion Development Engineers, conduct testing to explore the operational envelope of Blue Origin's rocket engines. We engage in real-world pathfinding to improve designs through data analysis and problem-solving. We seek more team members to conduct the testing that supports and drives this company.
DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work in close collaboration with engineers at our headquarters in Kent, Washington, to support rocket engine and hardware testing for various spaceflight systems. On a daily basis, you'll identify and address test constraints, inspect and prepare equipment, operate the engine on the console for testing and flight, isolate test problems, and examine data. You'll work hands-on with the engine and perform hardware installations with the support of technical personnel. The role is challenging and puts you in a fast-paced test atmosphere where the company priorities become a reality. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Test engines, pumps, and valves, including integration into our test facilities
- Test planning, risk assessments and mitigations, test set up, execution, post-test data review, and performance analysis
- Assist with test schedule estimation and execution
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and cost savings
- Interface with Kent engineers and Texas facility personnel to organize and achieve test objectives
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and hardware issues to facilitate rapid testing
- Develop test support software and equipment to improve test frequency and quality
- Identify and solve test-related problems
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with 2+ years’ experience in developing, procuring, and testing of liquid rocket engines and their components
- Working knowledge of engines, pumps, valves, regulators, check valves, as well as electric, pneumatic and hydraulic valves, actuators, and other fluid system components
- Knowledge of instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples, silicon diodes, resistance temperature detectors, and accelerometers.
- Hands-on experience with building engine assemblies and subassemblies for test
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- M.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with experimental lab experience
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB, Winplot, or other control, data acquisition, and reduction software
- Familiarity with CAD applications (ProE preferred)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.