DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help design and develop rocket engines and propulsion systems that meet Blue Origin’s launch vehicle program requirements for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, build, and test of launch vehicle systems including engines, pumps, propellant feed systems, pressurization systems, reaction control systems
- Develop 3-D models, assembly & detail drawings, and interface control documents
- Specify and procure components and materials
- Manage subcontractors
- Provide technical guidance for integration and perform testing activities
- Assist with schedule and cost estimation
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and cost savings
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in the detail design of aerospace fluid systems and components
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire 5 or greater, Windchill 10
- Experience with GD&T analysis (ASME Y14.5)
- Knowledge of fabrication, integration processes and quality control
- Working knowledge of components such as valves, regulators, bellows and fittings
- Working knowledge of materials and treatments
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Knowledge in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS is preferred)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.