DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for creating guidance, navigation and control (GN&C) designs for various spaceflight systems. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Support configuration design studies and develop prototype control system solutions.
- Develop guidance, navigation and control requirements with flow downs to subsystem levels and companion verification methods
- Establish and build GN&C software architectures and control system components in MATLAB, Simulink, and C
- Support systems analysis with a cross-functional mindset to support system level architectural decisions
- Conduct stability and performance assessments including develop linear and non-linear models
- Perform analyses, including simulations, to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Support the development and execution of component-level guidance, navigation and control test programs, including integrated on-vehicle testing
- Support hardware-in-the-loop testing, on-vehicle functional testing, and flight testing
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- B.S. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering with 5+ years of design experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in designing, testing and flying aerospace guidance and control systems for rockets, missiles, and aerodynamic reentry systems
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with MATLAB and Simulink and associated autocoding practices
- Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and test development
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with inertial sensors, GPS receivers, star trackers and other navigation aids
- Demonstrated knowledge in vehicle state estimation
- Demonstrated experience in modern control design techniques
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the development of exoatmospheric attitude control systems
- Continuously manage risk and be comfortable with lean software development techniques
- Solid system engineering and configuration management skills
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.